Sunday, February 7, 2010

Message

It's been well over a year since I wrote in this and it's really nice to be back. So a quick catch up and then continue the post. This will actually tie in!

The last I wrote, I was still living in NY with my fiance. That's no longer the case. I moved back to Oklahoma A year ago December. Things got really out of control and I wasn't taking care of myself. I've mentioned that I have depression and anxiety and the winter seems to make it 100 times worse. Long story short, I'm sure I'll tell it all one day with a prompt) I overdosed on drugs and was rushed to the hospital. That message came in loud and clear for everyone around me... I was so unwell I nearly died just trying not to feel what I was feeling. So the last day of December, 2008 I left NY on the 1300 mile road trip to return home and take care of myself. Again, that's a subject for another time.

We spend our lives getting bombarded from messages from the outside. Buy this, drive that, drink this, DON'T DO THIS EVER, etc. It's constant. My realization through everything I personally went through is that while we at least hear what those messages are, how often do we hear what our bodies/souls are telling us?

If your body is screaming about being exhausted and getting sick, do you listen to it and rest? Slow things down? Take break from this fast paced world we all fight to keep up with and just step back? When's the last time the weekend was a REAL weekend? Where you didn't have 75 things to do? Does anyone ever sleep in, stay in their pajamas and make pancakes and read a book? Even I don't do that. I am lucky in that I have school 2 days a week and then I'm free. I still feel like I'm constantly going. I wonder if we stopped and listened, would our brains or souls be saying slow down? The amount of stress we put on ourselves to always come in first is extreme to say the least.
I guess that means the message I'm wanting to send is we should try, at least, to take time to just breathe sometimes. Listen to what your body and mind are telling you. They'll send signals letting you know it's time to slow down/take a break. You just have to listen...

3 comments:

Archna Sharma said...

Brave. I'm sorry for your troubled days in NY. Hopefully the road trip was cleansing. On the other side of your journey, it appears that you have discovered a true message, listening to soul, spirit, and sense. Congrats and good luck on new journeys.

Blessings,
Archna

Americanising Desi said...

i hope u r refreshed!

Message-s

Unknown said...

That's a great message.